The Selective Plan from Haven is our most popular personal funeral plan
The Selective Plan offers family support, a superior coffin and the provision of a limousine to transport principal mourners to the funeral venue £3985.00
With funeral costs rising all the time, the Selective Plan ensures many of the main arrangements are covered and capped at today’s market rate.
Doctor’s fees are NOT included in any of the Haven funeral plans. Where cremation is preferred, currently one Doctor’s fee is required to verify the death and complete the paperwork needed for the cremation to go ahead. The current fee for this is £82.00. If the death is referred to the Coroner, Doctor’s fees are not required.
A Doctor’s fee can be purchased with the funeral plan as an optional extra, alternatively, this can be paid for at time of need.
If the Doctor’s fee is purchased as an optional extra with the funeral plan and the death is referred to the coroner, the full amount paid for the Doctor’s fee will be refunded to your estate at time of need.
The Selective Plan Plan includes:
- The Funeral Director’s services.
- Attending to all necessary funeral arrangements.
- Advice on certification, registration of death and related documentation.
- A superior oak laminated coffin (Ripon) with gown and fittings or dressing in own clothes.
- Conveyance from the place of death (within a radius of 20 miles) to a suitable resting place, day or night.
- The care of the deceased prior to the funeral including embalming.
- The use of a Chapel of Rest for viewing arrangements.
- The provision of a hearse and one funeral limousine for a local funeral within a 20 mile radius.
- The provision of the necessary staff to include bearers to attend the service.
The Selective plan does NOT include
- Doctor’s fee’s
- Floral Tributes
- Burial disbursements above the cost of cremation disbursements
- Additional mileage above the 20 mile radius
- Obituary notices
- Order of service sheets
- Church service fees
- Webcast fees
- Removal of pacemaker if required
- Ashes casket / Scatter tube
Haven will pay all disbursement fees for Crematorium (or equivalent to be utilised towards burial costs) and Clergy
– (up to the amount listed in the Church of England Table of Parochial Fees).
NONE OF THE FUNERAL PLANS INCLUDE DOCTORS’ FEES
What are the costs of the funeral plan ?
From the total cost of the plan, Haven Personal Funeral Plans receives a £250 administration fee, and the remaining balance is placed into the Haven Funeral Trust. For illustration we have included the current wholesale costs of the benefits received under the plan. The amount transferred into the trust is greater than the current wholesale cost. This is to cover the future costs of delivering the funeral, which are likely to be increased due to inflation. This allows us to fix the price, meaning you will not be charged more at the time of need.
|Current wholesale costs of the plan benefits
|Amount transferred to trust to cover future cost
|HPFP Administration charge
|Total Costs of plan
Please note: that payment can be made interest free over 12 months via standing order. The repayment options are as follows –
Over 12 Months – The payments are 1 payment of £442.12 followed by 11 payments of £322.08.
If you chose to pay over 12 months and die during that period, before the instalments have been repaid in full, the funeral will not be carried out and a full refund of all monies received to date will be repaid to your estate. Alternatively, for your planned funeral to go ahead, we would ask your next of kin to pay the remaining balance.
However, if the death is as the result of an accident, the funeral will still be provided by Haven, with no further payment required.