Haven Personal Funeral Plans – your questions answered
At Haven, we understand that a personal funeral plan represents one of life’s more unusual investments, and that you might have a number of associated questions for us to answer.
Here we’ve responded to several of the most common queries raised by our customers. If, however, you don’t find the answers you need, please don’t hesitate to contact our 24 hour helpline, where you can also arrange a home visit from a Haven Counsellor to discuss plans in greater detail.What is a Haven Prepaid Funeral Plan?
They have been established for over 40 years and have a wealth of experience within the funeral industry.
Their staff are trained to a high standard and the funeral home staff have all recently completed training to enable them to sell funeral plans compliantly ready for when the industry’s new regulator the Financial Conduct Authority begin regulating on 29th July 2022. Please refer to the Haven brochure or the website for a full list of the funeral homes.
|Total Funeral Plan Cost||£3085||£3585||£3985||£4285|
|Total Paid into Trust||£2835||£3335||£3735||£4035|
In addition to the independent oversight by the Trustees the fund is subject to an independent annual audit and actuarial review, to ensure our clients monies are managed in the best possible way. A copy of the actuarial review is available on request, please visit the website, email or give us a call.
|Current wholesale costs of the plan benefits||£2,308.21||£2,328.65||£2,655.74||£3,060.63|
|Amount transferred to trust to cover future cost||£2,835.00||£3,335.00||£3,735.00||£4,035.00|
|HPFP Administration charge||£250||£250||£250||£250|
|Total Costs of plan||£3,085.00||£3,585.00||£3,985.00||£4,285.00|
- Doctor’s fees
- Floral tributes
- Burial disbursements above the cost of all Crematorium disbursements
- Additional mileage above the 20-mile radius
- Obituary notices
- Order of service sheets
- Crematorium webcast fee
- Removal of pacemaker
- Ashes casket / Scatter tube
If required, these items can be purchased at today’s cost and included in the final cost of your funeral plan. Alternatively, your family or next of kin can purchase these at time of need.
Should you decide to cancel outside of these periods, a cancellation fee of £120.00 will be payable. You will therefore receive a refund of the amount paid for the funeral plan plus any extras less the £120.00 cancellation fee.
- By cheque – made payable to Trustees of the Haven Funeral Trust – Client’s account.
- By BACS – Account Ref 21209213, Sort Code 40-38-03, Account. name Trustees of the Haven Funeral Trust – Clients Account.
- By Card – either over the telephone by ringing 01706 230285, by visiting the website and clicking on the payments tab or by scanning the QR code found on the payments leaflet included in the brochure folder.
OR you can pay by direct debit, splitting the amount over 12 equal monthly instalments.
If you would like to appoint a nominated representative, we will send them details of your funeral plan, what to do at time of need and details on how to make a complaint at the same time that you will receive your funeral plan pack.
- Email: By emailing us at [email protected]
- Telephone: By calling us on 01706 230285
- By post: at Cedar Lodge, 227 Bury Road, Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire, BB4 6DJ.
If you remain unhappy with our response, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme